Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Brown Sludge.

MMR-related/teething/generally-being-a-bugger whinges quelled.

Favourite Daughter's very-late-night pad down the the stairs for two second cuddle before she is happy again. Back to bed.

I fret about this. It's unusual for her. I think of a few reasons. None of which are anything to do with anyone but me and Tired Mam. This isn't that sort of place.

Upon realising the time, I retire to the bathroom.

It's there.

I thought I had seen the last of it.

Not a pint glass. Oh no. In this escalating scenario, that would appear normal.

A washed-out Hellman's mayonnaise jar filled to the brim with a dark-brown sludge. Sealed with the bright-blue Hellman's lid.

Right there. On the window-sill. Right next to the toilet.

I try not to think too hard about it. I know I will.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is gaslightin ya?

5:12 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Er, yeah. Totally. Dude.

1:16 am  
Blogger Amazed said...

Did tired mum ever collect some 'magic' mud on her holidays?

My flatmate did that once and we had a bag of dried mud in the bathroom for months. Apparently when mixed with water it's good for the skin. Maybe TM is making herself beautiful for you.

You could just ask, you know.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Sabrina - what is magic mud? More to the point, what are holidays? The explanation you are suggesting is far too outlandish.

deadpuppy dude - you are so totally out there man. Definately.

10:35 pm  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

No, I don't own a flamethrower....a grenade launcher, but not a flamethrower...

I was under the assumption that you knew R.D. in "real life", as in, outside of the blog realm....I also assumed that you were dredging in dirt on a public forum about a personal issue....Perhaps my assumptions are wrong. If that is the case, I apologize.

Flaming is when you write a comment, and the other readers pelt you with comments about how you are an idiot. I wasn't going to flame you, per se, I was going to tell you that if you did indeed know him in real life, it may be better to speak your piece to him in person... Like I said, I assumed you knew him outside of the blog...that is the impression I got after reading your comment.
I'm not interested in getting into it with you. If you don't like me, well, fine. No sence in being ugly to one another. Life goes on.....

3:06 pm  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Gad. Did you ever find out what it was?

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............