Friday, March 04, 2016

Conversations With My Boss #2

It’s a freezing cold morning here in the North of England. The office I work in has a temperamental heating system that has yet to kick-in.

My boss enters. It’s nearly ten o’clock. Early for him.

Boss: Brisk this morning. Days like this I’m glad of the heated seats in my Porsche.

He twirls the key-ring around his index-finger.

It’s an eighteen year-old 911. It cost less than a Ford Mondeo. The unopened letters from the car finance company are piling-up in his in-tray. But it’s still a Porsche and he still thinks it’s a big deal.

Boss: [Sneering at me] Does the bus you get to work have heated seats, Tired?

Me: No. No, it doesn’t.

He winks at me and goes to make a cup of the Marks and Spencer instant coffee that no-one else is allowed to drink.

“I’ve got to find a new job.” I think to myself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous looby said...

Suggest he relocates to Glasgow. Talking like that would get you a smack in the face. What a wanker.

4:40 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Hi. Oh it gets worse. So much worse.

5:59 pm  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

Holy hell Tired. If I didn't know your deserved reputation for unflinching verbatim relating-of-it-exactly-as-it-is, I would think you were making your boss up.

And (ref Looby's comment) shame on my home town for letting him to continue to walk (well OK drive) the streets. He shouldn't need to go to Glasgow for a smack in the face, there should be queues forming halfway down Northumberland Street by now.

10:57 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

I'm actually toning it down if anything. But I feel sure he'll get his commupance...

3:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............